100+ Fun Date Night Ideas and Activities
Hey there! Are you and your partner seeking some fun and unique date night ideas in the AZ Valley? Perhaps you need some fun activities to take a first date to? Well here we have compiled the best places for dates, ideas for date nights and date night activities all across the state of Arizona.
While there are many fun date night ideas listed here, this list is by no means exhaustive. You can search online for more ideas, or use these suggestions to spark your imagination. There’s no reason you can’t be creative on your own. Add some excitement and spontaneity to your next date night and get your partner alone to yourself, or enjoy your spouse with the family so your heart will remember why you started a dating in the first place.
Mesa AZ Fun Date Night Ideas
Mesa, Arizona, a diverse suburb nestled in Maricopa County, enjoys unique architecture, abundant arts, and recreational fun. The latter makes for some neat date experiences. Whether you’re enjoying your first date with a potential love interest or reviving some romance after 15 years of marriage, Mesa offers a world of activities that are sure to spark a romantic, laughter-laden evening. Here are some of the most raved about date night functions.
Pier De’Orleans – Experience Cajun dining like never before at this sea-inspired, funky restaurant.
Stratum Laser Tag – Experience the pulse pounding excitement of the world’s largest multi-level indoor laser tag arena.
Blue Adobe Grille – One of the more popular eateries in the area is this Tex-Mex eating house that offers a New Mexico vibe.
Buca Di Beppo – Described as a family-friendly Italian grille, Buca Di Beppo is hallmarked for its red-and-white tablecloths and kitschy essence.
San Tan Village – A neat concept that invariably allures, this open-air mall is chock-full of restaurants, retail stores, and boutique shops.
Bike Tours – Both scenic and active, bike tours provide the best of both worlds.
Desert Belle – Sail the Arizona seas on this double-decker cruise “ship.” For added romance, consider cruising along the waters at night.
Windmill Winery – Wet your whistle at one of the most splendid wineries in Arizona. People adore the winery’s stunning atmosphere.
Queen Creek Olive Mill – No doubt a different activity, the Queen Creek Olive Mill offers guided tours and olive oil tastings.
Rodeo Competitions – Saddle up, partner! It doesn’t matter if it’s your first rodeo or not, for each rodeo competition brings with it its own mystique and lighthearted fun.
Carnival Of Illusion – Enjoy a spellbinding performance starring some gifted illusionists and charismatic magicians.
Rainbow Ryders, Inc. – Bask in the beauty of Mesa while taking in an aerial view via a hot air balloon ride.
The Duttons Show – Promising amusement galore, The Duttons Show is an interactive performance rife with banjo playing and fiddle melodies.
15 Tempe AZ Date Ideas that are Fun, Inexpensive, and Close to Arizona State University (ASU)
If you would like to discover some fun, low-cost date ideas located in the Arizona State University (ASU Tempe Campus), your search ends here. We have 15 that will make you jump with joy.
- Take a stroll to Tempe Town Lake where boat rentals and picnics are enjoyed. Find this paradise by going down Mill Avenue, past Hippie Gypsy, which is on the right. Go to the website if you want to rent a boat, or rent one from here.
- Go to the Tempe Marketplace to eat. – Here you will find many restaurants and stores. The address is 2000 East Rio Salado Parkway, Tempe, Arizona.
- Climb rocks at the Phoenix Rock Gym. – Find an adventurous experience here or at 1352 East University Drive, Tempe, Arizona.
- Have a seat in a rock’s hole at Papago Park, or go hiking and exploring. Begin your adventure here, or go to 625 North Galvin Parkway, Phoenix, Arizona.
- Check out Mill Avenue and all of its interesting surroundings. Find many attractions here, or go to North Campus, past the Brickyard.
- Enjoy a day of swimming at the Big Surf Water Park. Go here to find out more about the oldest water park in Phoenix. Visit the park at 1500 North McClintock Drive, Tempe, Arizona.
- Gain knowledge about sea creatures and touch some of them. You can go here for more information, or you can go to Arizona Mills, 5000 South Arizona Mills Circle #145, Tempe, Arizona.
- Enjoy bowling on your date. Find cool bowling lanes that offer you a pleasurable experience. Go here to find a popular one now. You can also go to 4407 South Rural Road, Tempe, Arizona.
- Go to Mill Avenue to watch a current movie in total comfort. See it at the AMC, and go here to find a show time that suites your needs. Find this theatre at 730 South Mill Avenue, Tempe, Arizona.
- Hold hands with your date as the two of you explore Kiwanis Park. Enjoy baseball courts, batting ranges, horseshoes, swimming, and more. Picnic tables and grills are also available. Find out more about this 125 acre park by going here, or by going to 5500 South Mill Avenue, Tempe, Arizona.
- Drink Beer at a brewery. Go here to find all the different types of beer offered. If you prefer, go directly to 1240 East 8th Street #104, Tempe, Arizona with your date.
- Visit the Phoenix Zoo. Go here to plan your visit and find out more about it. Find information on upcoming events and more. Visit the zoo at 455 North Galvin Parkway, Phoenix, Arizona.
- Expand your knowledge of history with your date at the Tempe History Museum. Go here for information about this museum, or go to 809 East Southern Avenue (Next to the Tempe Public Library) to visit the museum.
- Play golf at a golf course near Arizona State University. Here you can find more information about ASU Karsten Golf Course and book a tee time. This professional golf course is located at 1125 East Rio Salado Parkway, Tempe, Arizona.
- Visit Arizona State University’s Desert Arboretum Park. This park is one of our favorites. It has a beautiful landscape and plenty of trees and plants. Visit this park during the day as it closes at sunset. Find it behind the Wells Fargo Arena, adjacent to the large North Campus parking lot.
If you have date ideas that are close to Arizona State University, please list them below.
Phoenix Date Night Ideas / Date Night Activities in Scottsdale Arizona
Cooking Classes – Try taking a cooking class together. You’ll have fun and you’ll learn new skills that you can learn at home.
- Sur La Table (Chandler/Scottsdale)
- Sweet Basil Cooking School (Scottsdale)
- Whisked Away (Phoenix)
- Williams Sonoma (Scottsdale/Phoenix)
More things to do for first dates in Scottsdale (North/Old Town)
- Escape the Room AZ (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Riddle Escape Room (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Scottsdale Gun Club (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Air Time (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Ice Den (Scottsdale)
Glendale Gilbert/Chandler and other SE Valley Places for Family Date nights.
Family Date Night Things to Do in AZ
When you become parents, trying to find time for each other can be the biggest obstacle to maintaining a healthy relationship. It can seem as though every waking thought is about taking care of your children and making them happy. While this shows you’re dedicated to being a good parent, it can also put a strain on the marriage. This is why it’s important to schedule a date night once a week and stick to those plans, in addition to family activities… no matter what obstacles may come up. Some couples go as far as to schedule date night as they would schedule any other appointment, such as a business meeting or a doctor’s appointment.
Once you have committed to a weekly date night idea, the issue of how to spend that time becomes a more pressing problem. In the past, dinner and a movie might have been something worthwhile, but, after all this time and the changes in society, this isn’t necessarily special. From food delivery apps to online digital streaming services, dinner and a movie has almost become a habit for couples everywhere. Before you give up in futility, consider these suggestions for reigniting the spark in your relationship.
Indulge Your Competitive Sides
Paintball – This is great fun even for just two players, as long as you don’t mind getting messy. It will also give you an opportunity to get physically active.
- Wild West Airsoft & Paintball (Mesa, AZ)
- Tempe Paintball (Tempe, AZ)
- American Paintball Coliseum (Phoenix, AZ)
- West World Paintball (Phoenix, AZ)
Laser Tag – Consider something that creates less of a mess, but will still provide you with some friendly competition. Laser tag definitely fits that bill and there are plenty of options in the area.
- Stratum (Mesa, AZ)
- M2PTactical (Chandler, AZ)
- Urban Arena Laser Tag (Maricopa, AZ)
- Laser Quest (Phoenix, AZ)
- Wazees World (Peoria, AZ)
Local Sporting Events – If you and your partner prefer to watch, there are plenty of events to attend.
- Diamondbacks spring training (baseball)
- Suns, Mercury (basketball)
- Cardinals, Rattlers (football)
- Coyotes (hockey)
Escape the Room Games – If you and your partner are more interested in something mysterious, try escape the room games that require you to solve a puzzle together. There are a few venues that provide this activity for amateur sleuths.
- Escape the Room Gilbert, The Sleuth Box (Tempe, AZ)
- Epic Escape Game (Phoenix, AZ)
- Phoenix Escape Rooms (Phoenix, AZ)
- Key Quest Escape Room (Phoenix, AZ)
Gambling – Many couples like to indulge in a little casino fun from time to time. There are more than a few casinos in the area for you and your partner to visit.
- Lone Butte
- Wild Horse Pass
- Harrah’s Ak-Chin
- Casino Arizona
- Talking Stick Resort
- Fort McDowell Casino
- Desert Diamond Casino West Valley
Shooting Ranges – You and your spouse may enjoy shooting, but raising a child leaves little time for this activity. Use a date night to visit one of these shooting ranges and refine your skills together.
- Caswells (Mesa, AZ)
- Ted’s Shooting Range (Queen Creek, AZ)
- C2 Tactical (Tempe, AZ)
- Archery Headquarters Academy (Chandler, AZ)
- Ben Avery Shooting Facility (Phoenix, AZ)
Bowling – Bowling is still a favorite pastime for many couples and there are plenty of alleys in the area.
- East Mesa Bowl (Mesa, AZ)
- Fat Cats (Gilbert, AZ)
- Flipside (Gilbert, AZ)
- Main Event (Tempe and Avondale, AZ locations)
- Let It Roll Bowl (Phoenix, AZ)
- Lucky Strike (Phoenix, AZ)
- Glenfair Lanes (Glendale, AZ)
- AMF (several locations throughout the valley)
- Brunswick Zone (several locations throughout the valley)
Play Like a Kid Again
Trampolines – Nothing brings back your childhood like jumping on a trampoline. There are several venues throughout the valley that offer trampolines for public use.
- Jump Street (Chandler, AZ)
- Jump Street (Chandler, AZ)
- Xtreme Air (Chandler, AZ)
- Krazy Air (Mesa, AZ)
- Jump City (Phoenix, AZ)
- Sky Zone (Peoria, AZ)
Mini Golf – There’s always fun to be had on a mini golf course and there are a few locations in the area.
- Golfland Sunsplash
- Fat Cats
- Top Golf
Go Karts – You can drive each other crazy on date night with a little go kart fun.
- Octane Raceway (Scottsdale and Phoenix)
- K1 Speed (Phoenix)
- Pure Karting (Phoenix)
- Phoenix Indoor Karting (Phoenix)
Video Games – If you’re gamers, you and your spouse can relive your younger years at a real video arcade.
- StarFighters Arcade (Mesa)
- Cobra Arcade Bar (Phoenix)
- The Grid: Games & Growlers (Mesa)
Ice and Roller Skating – There are a few rinks operating in the area, regardless of which type of skating you prefer. Take your partner to one of these venues for some skating fun.
- Ice Den (Chandler)
- AZ Ice (Gilbert and Peoria)
- Oceanside Ice Arena (Tempe)
- Arcadia Ice Arena (Acadia)
- City Skate (Phoenix – only in operation December through January)
- Skateland Mesa
- Skateland Chandler
- Great Skate (Glendale)
Carnivals and Fairs – Going to a fair is always a fun time and there are a few throughout the year.
- Arizona State Fair (October)
- Maricopa County Fair (April)
- Arizona Renaissance Festival (February-March)
Is it Time for a Romantic Date Night in the Phoenix Metro?
Horseback Riding – Taking a horseback ride with your significant other provides a great way to appreciate the valley’s natural beauty. It also gives you an opportunity to reconnect.
- Horseback Arizona
- Cave Creek Trail Rides
- Ponderosa Stables
- Koli Equestrian Center
More Romantic Ideas – Don’t be afraid to try something traditional to reignite your romantic passions.
- Day spa pampering
- Nature trail hikes